Blogging for Librarians

I decided to use blogger.com because I am already familiar with it from previous semesters. I have used this blogger to do book reviews for other Sam Houston State University classes. By being able to use it frequently, I feel very comfortable with using this blog.

1. For the first blog, I decided to follow Abby the Librarian (http://www.abbythelibrarian.com). On her blogger she shares her love of books for preschool students as well as crafts that can be done with that unit. She also shares ideas for over the summer and personal things that she is doing like the 24 in 48 challenge! I decided to follow Abby the Librarian because I love the ideas she has. I love to instill a love of reading in pre-kinder and kindergarteners!

2. For the second blog, I am following Lauri Fortino's Frog On A (B)log (https://frogonablog.net). Her blog is filled with new books she catalogs into her library as well as book reviews. I love the idea of having a blog to share the new books with her patrons. While she doesn't write reviews for each book, she does post summaries from the cook itself. I decided to follow Lauri Fortino because she shares new books that I may not have heard of. This will be a great resource to use when I become a librarian! 

3. For the third blog, I am following Sal's Fiction Addiction (http://salsfictionaddiction.blogspot.com). Sal's blog is filled with primary and young adult book reviews! He reads and writes reviews about books he reads which he calls his reading an addiction because he loves reading so much! I decided to follow Sal's Fiction Addiction to be able to read reviews on books I may want to purchase for my future library!

4. The fourth blog I am following is The Absolutely True Adventures of a School Librarian (http://www.nikkidrobertson.com/search?updated-max=2017-10-15T15:22:00-04:00&max-results=7). This blog is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Nikki Roberston shares her love for the library, ideas, happenings in her library, and digital ideas! I am following Nikki Robertson's blog to help with the digital aspect of school libraries that are often overlooked. I know I am going to be able to find TONS of ideas from this blog!

5. For the fifth and final blog, I decided to follow Library Patch (http://www.librarypatch.com). The author, Sonya Dykeman, has been a librarian for 8 years and blogs about holidays, library ideas, and more! For instance, her most recent blog post was about summer reading ideas. She also posts freebies and how to become a library detective. I decided to follow Sonya because I believe this blog will be a great resource when I become a librarian! 

My TUMBLR: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/vivalacorie




Comments

  1. I think it says something positive about Blogger.com that everyone in this shadow course chose it for their blog platform! I enjoyed looking at the blogs you referenced and am especially excited to look into The Absolutely True Adventures of a School Librarian and Sal's Fiction Addiction. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Screen-O-Matic, Instagram, Flipagram

Cartoons

Online Book Communities