Podcasts



Sound Cloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-414260882/overduebooks

Soundcloud was easy to use but had to follow more steps than I thought. To get my podcast uploaded, I had to first record a "voice memo" on my phone, email it to myself, download via computer, and then upload to SoundCloud. Since my podcast was very short, it didn't take long. It was easy to use and can see students using this if they have access to the voice memo app that Apple has. 

Audio Boom

See how I incorporated a QR code? (LOL!) AudioBoom was the easiest to use in my opinion. AudioBoom allows you to upload the podcast straight to the computer without having to jump through hoops. This will allow for student friendly use and students can use Audio Boom without needing a certain brand of computers/tablets. I can see students creating podcasts for book trailers and other events happening at the school. This was my favorite one to use as it was so simple and easy to do.

PodOMatic
https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/clk037/episodes/2017-11-22T11_06_19-08_00

PodOmatic was another one that you sorta, kinda have to jump through hoops to get a podcast uploaded. To upload a podcast, it is similar to SoundCloud in the aspect that you have to do a voice memo, email yourself, upload, and share. I can see students getting frustrated with this because we (another SHSU student and I) had to share the Apple phone to get podcasts uploaded. Android doesn't offer the voice memo app like Apple does so unless the library has iPads or the students have iPhones, I don't see this being a useful app! 

Comments

  1. Corie,

    The only reason that I didn't go with Audio Boom, was because it charges a monthly fee after the first 30 days. Where you able to record directly into the computer with Audio Boom? I went through all the hoops with Podomatic. I did have to record onto my phone, upload the file, and then put it into the website. It wasn't that hectic, but if there is an easier and more practical way it would be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I was able to get around the monthly fee! I have no idea what I did! AudioBook I was able to record it straight to the App I downloaded. I hope they make a more practical way.

      Hey, on another note, will you shoot me a text? I don't have your number anymore!

      Delete
  2. I recorded my podcast using SoundCloud. I really liked that it was compatible with Apple or Android devices, especially since I work at a BYOD district. I didn't have any trouble uploading my podcast with SoundCloud. All I did was record using my computer mic and uploaded the file into SoundCloud. I think with the app you can record directly from SoundCloud at the click of a button. It was so easy to sign in using my Google account, and easy to share with the option to embed the podcast directly into my website. One feature I really liked was the ability to organize your likes for easy access and the ability to follow people. This is a great feature for creating a personal learning community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about Podomatic not being so easy. I really liked the Audioboom for the QR code image upload. The only two sites I liked was Soundcloud and Audioboom forget Podomatic, and Podbean is another great free website to use. I used Podbean for one of my classes and it was easy to use and upload.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Audioboom was my favorite by far! I also had difficulty with Podomatic because it was not accepting the browser I was in. Even after switching to a different browser it was less user-friendly then the other options. For student-use I would recommend SoundCloud or Audioboom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Screen-O-Matic, Instagram, Flipagram

Cartoons

Online Book Communities