Screen-O-Matic, Instagram, Flipagram

Screen-O-Matic, Instagram, and Flipagram

Hi there! This week I've been using Instagram, Flipagram, and Screen-O-Matic to learn how to use them effectively in teaching or in the library! Now, I used to be an Insta-fanatic and uploaded everything to it! However, I downsized my social media usage and Insta was the first to go-right before SnapChat. So, I am fairly comfortable with Instagram and it's uses. I can however see myself making on and sharing photos from the library. As of now, I use an app called ClassDojo so I share the classroom pictures that way. Flipagram was a new app but I enjoyed it. I love the fact that you can add and edit the mini-videos. On my flipagram account, I went into our library and filmed about the book fair. I can see myself using this to share the happenings going on in the library as well! Lastly, my son and I have been using Screen-O-Matic at home (because he's trying to go viral on YouTube--he only has five subscribers though HA!). It was fun to film a little bit about Headsprouts because my school's kindergarten classes have been on it! The district purchased it and somehow I was training all the leads on the program. So this could be the new way of training for some teachers. I might, just might, redo my Screen-O-Matic and send it out to the kinder teachers in the district! 

My favorite App would have to be Instagram, because as I said before I am comfortable with it and know the most about that app. However, I am thinking about changing my Insta-handle to CorieLynntheLibrarian. We shall see!

Instagram Username: @vivalacorie
Flipagram: CorieKaminski
Screen-O-Matic:


Comments

  1. I enjoyed your Screencast! I have not heard of Headsprouts before! My son is in kindergarten as well and they use RazKids. It looks like Headsprouts is a great program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Corie. I too felt so at ease using Instagram. Because I have used it personally, it made it very easy to instantly identify with it tools and capabilities. I found that I didn't like Flipagram as much because I was so unfamiliar with how it is laid out. Yes it is easy to record effortlessly, but maneuvering through how to find other appropriate profiles. Thanks for the Headsprouts recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my peer teachers also introduced me to flip grid. It's similar to Flipagram but its meant for teachers. You can create a scenario and students have to reply in video format. You can also see other groups videos and comment on them. The link to the videos can also be shared so parents and others can see the videos the students have created.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cartoons

Online Book Communities