Cartoons

Toon Doo

Toon Doo was so fun to work with! You have the options to do different layouts! You have quite a few options of backgrounds, props, characters, and voice bubbles! The thing I really enjoyed was that you can change where the voice bubble is! So for instance, I was able to add a second voice bubble and put it to the side of the character instead of on top. I decided to have some fun and do a Christmas themed cartoon and rewrite the "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" Christmas song! Students will love the options and experiences that they can gain with Toon Doo! You have the option to save, print, or email to yourself. It is very easy to use!

Pixton

For Pixton, I decided to do one over that librarian no one wants to be! Yes, you know, the one that should've retired 20 years ago!! These can be used in SO many ways and I am glad that I'm getting this exposure to all these wonderful apps. This one was one of the easiest to use. When you clicked "next" it auto uploaded what you had set before. However, I would have changed them if I had gone with a different story line. Students will love this app and the backgrounds are AMAZING! There are so many choices!

Make Beliefs Comix!

Make Beliefs Comix was easy to use and students will enjoy working on it, however there is not a lot of options on backgrounds, speech bubbles, and props. I was surprised on how simple it is to work the website, however saving the comic was a harder task. I had to email it to myself and still wasn't given the option to save. I had the option to print, though. To save it for this blog, I did a screenshot of my computer and uploaded it.

Tellagami


AND THEN...
These comics will be shared via the library page and through school email for all students and staff to see. The possibilities with these comics and the Tellmagami app is ENDLESS! I see students making them for book trailers, book reviews, and fun library happenings! As a librarian, I plan on letting students be the face of the library!

Comments

  1. The Santa Claus comic is so adorable for this time of year. The other comics are fabulously done, and the Tellagami was nice too. Thanks for helping me figure out the Tellagami app.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the comics! I agree with Frances that the Santa Claus comic is adorable for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your take on the "mean librarian." I had the same issues as you when trying to save the MakeBeliefsComix. I like that Toon Doo and Pixton allows users to view other creators' comics. Unfortunately, because MakeBeliefsComix does not save comics to the site, it isn't possible to scroll through and see what others have created. It does, however, offer loads and loads of resources for teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved all of your comics! They were well written and the graphics went well with the message. I think students would love using these when doing presentations. Lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Screen-O-Matic, Instagram, Flipagram

Online Book Communities